Monday, September 28, 2015

The mom version of your make up routine

Pre-baby me had it together. I did full hair and make up EVERYDAY. My outfits were always well put together and my matching purse was always organized.
Post-baby me thought the brush running through your hair sounded like a baby crying. I forgot I even owned make up and lets face it, it was a successful day if I brushed my teeth. 
I just couldn't seem to get myself together at all for the first three weeks. Just looking at Madeline made me burst into tears (she was just so beautiful!). I couldn't even look at anything but the same ripped yoga pants I had been wearing for 3 days straight. I just kept wearing the same three nursing tanks no matter how much dried breast milk was on them.
I was really unhappy with that feeling of the day's all running together and not know which way was up. My mom and Bryce would try to get me out of the house but looking terrible made me feel terrible. So in order to pull myself out of my baby blues I needed to get it together.

Since pregnancy had changed my skin so dramatically, I couldn't wear any of my foundations (I was much darker and covered in acne before so everything was geared toward that) so I needed to change things up. I wasn't really sure what to do, so I stuck with mascara at first.  This is ALWAYS something to remember: No matter what you're doing or where you're going (I don't care if you're just going to the gym!), you have time for a little mascara.
Then my cousins did a wonderful thing for me. They gave me presents. Now I don't mean they got me an adorable baby outfit or a precious blanket. They gave ME a gift. Two loose fitting tops and the One Hot Mama gift set from Bare Essentials.  This felt wonderful because it was something that was just for me and I was, of course, excited to get clothes and make up!

http://www.ulta.com/
This thing is genius. It has lip gloss, mascara, blush, and a highlighting gel (perfect for under the eyes and on the brow bone. I really love all four products, the only things I added were my eyebrow powder and my MAC Mineralized Skin Finish at first (eventually when I got it down I added a few more things.) I would throw this in the diaper bag and if Bryce was driving I would put it on in the car or take five minutes while she was still asleep. You CAN make it work and its a small way to feel a little more accomplished during your day.

One thing I had to remember was its OKAY to not do a full face of make up! I didn't need a full coverage foundation anymore, I didn't have time to do a cut creased eye with winged liner. I just needed to look a little more put together.


-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment