Wednesday, November 4, 2015

My Baby Shower

My baby shower was such an amazing and exciting day. It was hosted for me by Bryce's Aunt Debbie and his mother Denise. It was all kept a secret from me and I was SO surprised and overwhelmed with excitement when I walked in. Since they made a lot of the decorations themselves I thought others would be able to gain some ideas. I will FOREVER be so grateful for their generosity that went into making that day so special for me.

There were three games played that my mother came up with. We played a "Mommy or Daddy?" game which had questions about Bryce and I, such as "Who weighed 9 pounds at birth?" and "Who auditioned to be in the movie Flubber?" and guests circled either the Mickey Mouse or the Minnie Mouse. This was loads of fun for me to watch and was also a great ice breaker. We also played a celebrity baby name match up, and The Price is Right but with baby products such as baby wash, teethers, wipes, etc. I (of course) got to keep all of the products afterward which was like getting another gift!

Since the guest list was over 50 it was held at a restaurant in Los Gatos, CA. A menu was created by the restaurant with a chicken dish, a beef dish, and a vegetarian option. 


They re-purposed some apothecary jars to be a candy bar! Rock candy, gummy bears, gum balls, sixlets, pixie sticks, lollipops, and candy kisses that said "it's a girl" were all in a tasty display.


The desert table included Minnie Mouse cupcakes, cake pops, mini cheesecakes, marshmallow pops,  and iced sugar cookies.





The gift table had an adorable clothesline made of ribbon and Aunt Debbie had made little Minnie Mouse onesies and a bib. She also made a beautiful basket with a pink tutu for the cards. I have it in Madeline's room now for burp cloths.


Next to the gift table there was a picture of me at 12 months old as well as my foot prints.



The favors were pink candied popcorn bags with adorable tags that said "She is going to pop!" Denise made all of the popcorn herself and it was delicious and adorable!


The handmade center pieces were vases with pink tulle glued as a tutu and styrofoam Minnie Mouse heads. There was also Minnie Mouse shaped confetti on every table which I kept for scrap booking.

My "Mommy to be" ribbon was purchased off an Etsy shop.

Bryce popped in for a bit to say hi!






I hope this gave you some ideas for what you may want at your own shower or maybe one you are planning. If you try anything (or even if you didn't) please leave a comment with a link to your shower pictures! I would LOVE to see them.



-Mel

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic baby shower! I am just in love with the table décor. The color combination is mind blowing. I have just booked an indoor event venue New York for my cousin and sister-in-law’s combined baby shower as both are expecting and I need some decent ideas for the theme. I wonder if you could help regarding it!

    ReplyDelete