Friday, January 29, 2016

Madeline's Peter Rabbit Nursery


As soon as I found out I was having a girl I knew she would have a VERY feminine nursery. Bryce knew that I had a specific vision in mind and gave me full artistic freedom with the exception of the furniture. The only he asked was that the wood be a dark rich wood, which I was fine with. I started looking at crib bedding and went from there. I looked at Winnie the Pooh themes, woodland creatures, shabby chic, soooo many different styles. I really wanted to do a Beatrix Potter theme because the stories are very dear to my family and I love the light innocence of the art. 
I has seen that Pottery Barn Kids had a Peter Rabbit crib set that I liked but didn't feel that it was soft enough looking for the pinks and pastels I wanted. So I kept looking for sets EVERYWHERE. I kept seeing a beautiful but discontinued set from Pottery Barn Kids on Pinterest and assorted blogs. It seemed like I would never find it though.
Finally, one day I did my daily eBay check and there it was. The bumper and crib skirt, in all its sweet glory. I freaked out and did the buy it now price so fast I barely had time to read the info. It was practically brand new. The skirt still had the tags on it! I made the big bows myself to add a little more pink. 
Paint
Wall Colors: Flickering Firefly (KM5220) Bunny's Nose (KM5480) 
Ceiling color: La Paz Siesta (KM5025) The clouds were hand painted by my friend and I.

Furniture
Changing Table: Child Craft
Dresser: Child Craft
Ottoman: Target
Long Wall Shelves: Ikea LACK shelf
Short Wall Shelves: Ikea LACK shelf
The rocking chair was from my own Jenny Lind nursery set and the white rot iron book shelf was from Bryce's mother's childhood bedroom. 

Accents
Frames by shelves: Ikea Rectangular and Round (Pictures inside were from my nursery)
Frames by crib: Ikea with pictures from Etsy
Canopy: Ikea (I added the flowers around the hoop)
Bunny nightlight: Target
Curtains: Ikea
The framed outfits above the dresser are the outfit Madeline wore home from the hospital as well as my own. The shoes are also a little mother daughter treasure, her first pair atop my first pair. 
Shadow box frames and Baseball display boxes both from Michaels Craft Store.
-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment