Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My Top 6 Most Useful Baby Gadgets

My Top 6 Most Useful Baby Gadgets

As I was writing a packing list for our trip to the snow this weekend, I was thinking about the things we could absolutely NOT forget. Diapers, wipes, extra warm clothing, etc. Most of these products came to mind. All of these are things we use everyday and I recommend them to all of my friends with babies.


1. Green Sprouts Glass Food Cubes- We are only a month into the solid food world and so far these are amazing! I make all of Madeline's food at home (soooo much easier than people think) and these little 2 ounce cubes are great for on the go. I fill and freeze them and they either thaw by the time she is ready to eat, place in a cup of hot water, or they are glass (with exception of the lid of course) so they are okay to microwave! No BPA, no funky plastic residue, super easy clean up, and they stack in the freezer/fridge. Win.
2. Brica Baby In Sight Magical Firefly Auto Mirror- This was on our registry and we never put her in the car without it. It has lights and music, but there are lights on the actual mirror that keep her fixated and calm. I LOVE that it has two settings for awake and sleepy. The music isn't super annoying and it has volume control. It has a standby setting so if it times out and she is still awake I can use the remote and turn it back on, the batteries even last a really good amount of time. It's worth every penny. 
3. Tiny Love Take Along Mobile- This is one of those products that you see and think "Why didn't I think of that?!" A mobile that you can clamp to anything. Genius! It comes with two clamps, one for adhering to cribs, pack and plays, bassinets, and another that clamps onto carseats, bouncer seats, swings, etc. PERFECT! (Also comes in a gender neutral color pattern, this is just the one we received)
4. Munchkin Lulla-Vibe Vibrating Mattress Pad Baby Soother- I had seen a video for this while pregnant and thought it was amazing. I was right. We placed it under the mattress in her crib and I can turn it on with my foot (I do have chimpanzee toes though so this may not work for you...) It vibrates her mattress and creates a white noise that makes nap time much easier. It fades the vibration as it turn off so there is no abrupt stop. When she was a newborn we put it in the carseat to help keep her asleep. Now that she sleeps in her crib all the time we leave it in place because it can be a pain to move. My only complaint is that the batteries do not last very long, but I would definitely still recommend and repurchase if needed.
5. The First Years Breastflow Freezer Milk Storage Organizer- When I started back to work my company was so wonderful in making a pumping space for me and making sure I was comfortable. They purchased this for me and I think it is wonderful! It stores the bags but it also has a partition that compresses the bags flat for easy storage. I love it! There is even a little insert that separates the frozen bags from the fresh ones to ensure that there is no melting.
6. Trend Lab Sherpa Fleece Crib Wrap Rail Cover- With teeth and standing comes bite marks on your baby's crib and chemicals in their mouths. Not good. After the first sighting of a bite mark I immediately bought this. She actually seems to enjoy chewing on it and playing with the ties. I can throw it in the washing machine and all is well!
-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment